Drop In Child Watch Policies and Procedures
Our short-term drop in child watch room provides a safe and fun environment for children 12 weeks to 10 years old while their parents remain on-site. Short-term drop in care centers are not required to be licensed and regulated by the state of North Carolina; however, we are registered with the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services and make a good faith effort in keeping our ratios as low as possible and creating a stimulating environment for your child while maximizing the benefit of free childcare to our clients!
Children must not be in our care for more than 2.5 hours per day and parents must be onsite, or easily accessible at all times.
Currently, we offer child care during the following times below!
|Hours of Operation|
Drop Off Procedures
- Sign your child(ren) in by completely filling out the sign-in sheet
- If you’re a first-time client, please complete a child liability and registration form
- Place all personal items in the cubbies outside the door, and have everything labeled. ***HIVE FITNESS is not responsible for lost or stolen items. ***
Pick Up Procedures
- Sign your child out by crossing their name off the sign in sheet and writing in the time you picked them up
- Please pick up your child promptly once camp is over – this is a courtesy to our childcare workers who are only paid on a per-camp basis.
For the safety and well-being of you, your child, and our staff, the following health and wellness policy will be strictly enforced and children should not be dropped off if one or more of the following conditions exists unless a written note from the child’s physician is given stating that their symptoms are not contagious. Some symptoms include: Continuous or colored nasal drainage (more than 3 wipes), coughing, fever, diarrhea, sore throat, skin rash, open sores, pink eye, active head lice, etc.
HIVE FITNESS is committed to creating a playful, but calm, environment for everyone. Our staff use redirection, encouraging patience and a willingness to wait your turn and share, and “time outs” for those circumstances that warrants such action. If a problem is recurring, we employ the following discipline policy:
Minor offense: Not listening, screaming, not sharing, etc.
- Give verbal warning
- Child sits in time out based on their age (example: 2 years = 2 minutes)
Major offense: Hitting, pushing, kicking, etc.
- Child sits in time out based on their age
- If child continues to show harmful behaviors, the parent will be found and he/she will be removed from the room.
- 1st Offense – Positive redirection
- 2nd Offense – Time out
- 3rd Offense – Conference with parent
- 4th Offense – Exclusion from the program
- Parents must have their child use the restroom before depositing them in the childcare room; if you child is not potty-trained, please ensure that your child has a fresh diaper on before bringing them into the childcare room. HIVE FITNESS does not have a designated area for diaper-changing.
- Food and drinks are not permitted in the childcare area; items that are found to contain peanuts or other common allergies will be thrown away.
- Parents are not to leave the premises while their child is in the childcare area. If your workout takes you outside the building, you must be easily accessible at all times.
- Please pick up your child when camp is finished. We all love to chat with our fellow HIVE FITNESS enthusiasts, but as a courtesy to your childcare staff, please pick up your child(ren) promptly.
- If a child is inconsolable for more than 15 minutes, parents will be notified and asked to return to the childcare area to assist staff or remove the child from the room if necessary.
- Medications will not be administered by childcare staff.